Just as Webroot provides protection for Windows and Mac computers, Webroot Mobile Security for Android delivers protection against viruses, spyware, and other online threats. Once installed, Webroot Mobile Security scans your device and mitigates threats. While shopping and banking online, Webroot keeps your identity and data safe by blocking phishing sites, spam sites, malware sites, and other malicious activities.
The Webroot Mobile Security license is transferrable for upgrades or changed devices.
Installing Mobile Security on your Android device
Confirm the system requirements at https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/system-requirements.
An active internet connection is required.
- From the Google Play store, download and install the Webroot Mobile Security app.
- Tap the Webroot app icon. The app launches.
- If you upgraded from a previous version, tap Log In and use your existing credentials.
- For new users, under Create Account, enter your product keycode.
- You can find the keycode in the receipt email for online purchases, or on a card for retail purchases. It will look something like this: WSAM-ZZZZ-0000-YYYY-1111
- If you don’t have a keycode, tap Trial Here to create an account for a 14-day trial period.
- Enter your email address or phone number to be used as your username.
- Create a password, following the strong password guidelines that are displayed.
- Tap Create Account. The Webroot Subscription Terms screen appears.
- Tap Solution Agreement, read the terms, and tap AGREE to continue.
- On the welcome screen, tap SCAN NOW.
- When prompted, tap Allow to grant the permissions necessary for the app to function properly.
- For Android OS 11 and newer, from the All files access screen, turn on the Allow access to manage all files switch.
After installation, Webroot immediately runs a first-time scan of the device.
Even though the app scans continuously, you can always trigger a manual scan by tapping SCAN NOW.
Once the scan is complete it will show the status:
- Safe means that your phone is protected.
- Attention Needed means that there is a security risk. You can take action to manage the risk.
Once Webroot determines that the device is safe, the Webroot Mobile Security Dashboard displays:
- Tap SCAN NOW to run a manual scan.
- Secure Browser explores the Web safely using our secure browser.
- Activate Webroot for Chrome to monitor threats while using the Google Chrome browser.
- Password Manager enables you to create and manage strong passwords using our included third-party software. Password Manager is included with Webroot Internet Security Plus subscriptions and above.
- Activity Report displays a 30-day summary of detected, blocked, and removed threats and malware.