You can install the Webroot Business Protection agent to macOS Catalina 10.15.
If you are attempting to upgrade an existing installation of the Webroot agent on Catalina and you are running into problems, please contact Webroot Support
. This holds true for any installation related issues.
Note on Policies: It is good to keep in mind the default policy settings when installing to a Mac. The recommended defaults policy has the system tray icon and GUI suppressed. If those settings are part of the default policy upon successful installation, the agent will effectively disappear, making it more difficult to tell if Webroot is actually installed and running. You may want to modify the policy depending on your preferences.
Installation Note: Apple requires that the Webroot system extension be approved by the user at time of installation and that full disk access be granted to the Webroot agent. These steps are presented to the user during the installation process, but not always in the same order. As long as these step are completed during the installation process, the Webroot agent will install properly. See step 8 for more information on full disk access and step 12 for more information on the system extension.
To install the Webroot Business Mac agent to Catalina:
- Download the DMG file (installation file) from the Webroot Management console.
More detailed download instructions:
- Log in to the Webroot Management console.
- The installation file is available for download on the Downloads page of the Endpoint Protection (EP) console.
- To open the EP console when using an MSP console (multi-site GSM), click any site name in the Site column in the Sites tab.
- To open the EP console when using a Business console (single site GSM), click the Endpoint Protection Console button in the Dashboard tab.
- In the EP console, click the Downloads tab, then click the Mac Download button to download the DMG file to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the wsamacsme.dmg file in the Downloads folder to open the installation file, then double-click the green Webroot SecureAnywhere icon to start the installation process.
- An Apple warning message will appear, click Open to continue.
- Select the language used for the Webroot agent and click Next.
Note: To change the language after installation, you have to uninstall then reinstall the agent.
- Enter the keycode and click Agree and Install.
- Apple posts a message informing the user that Webroot SecureAnywhere wants to make changes. Enter the User Name and Password, click OK.
- Webroot’s Full Disk Access screen appears. This security requirement from Apple requires the user to grant full disk access to applications that require it. Click Open System Preferences to open the Privacy tab for the Apple Security & Privacy settings.
- In the bottom left part of the Security & Privacy window, click the lock icon to be able to modify the settings. You will be prompted to enter the User Name and Password to proceed. Once entered, click Unlock to continue.
- Under the Privacy tab, scroll down to Full Disk Access and look for an entry for Webroot SecureAnywhere. If it is not displayed, wait for a minute or click the General tab, then the Privacy tab to refresh the list.
Once Webroot SecureAnywhere is present, check the box next to it, then click the lock icon to re-lock the settings.
INSTALLATION NOTE: You may be presented with a window that warns that Webroot will not have full disk access until it is quit. Click either option as the Webroot agent will restart as part of the installation process.
- Switch back to the Webroot SecureAnywhere window and click Next.
- Webroot’s Install System Extension window appears, click Install Extension to proceed.
If no other windows appear, you should be finished, go to step 13.
If a System Extension Blocked window appears, click Open Security Preferences to open the General tab of the Security & Privacy settings.
In the bottom left part of the screen click the lock icon to be able to change settings, then enter the User Name and Password to continue. Click the Allow button to give the Webroot agent proper system access.
Note: If this step is not completed properly, the real-time shield will not be able to start. In that case, use the steps above to correct the issue.
- The Webroot Install complete window appears, click Finish.
- The Webroot agent will complete the initial scan and the agent will flip from a blue color to a green color once complete. The Mac should also now appear in the Webroot Management console.