This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere
Webroot SecureAnywhere only blocks malicious pop-ups. It will block and remove any pop-ups that attempt to infect your computer or are caused by an infection.
However, many sites do have their own pop-ups which are not threats. Some pop-ups can be forms of advertisement, like commercials on the TV. Others can be more useful, providing additional information or features. If you do not want to see these, you can change the settings in your browser to block them.
Please follow the instructions for your browser.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools (or the gear icon in the upper right corner).
- Click on "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab up on the top.
- Check the box beside "Turn on Pop-up Blocker".
- Click on Apply and then click OK.
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the Open Menu button on the upper right (the three lines).
- Select Options.
- Select "Privacy & Security" from the panel on the left.
- Under "Privacy", check the box next to "Block pop-up windows".
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the Options list on the upper right (the three dots).
- From the drop-down, select Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click "Advanced..."
- Under the Privacy and Security section, click "Content settings".
- Set the pop-ups settings to "Block".
If the pop-ups you are seeing present any unwanted or suspicious behavior, please send us a message
with detailed descriptions of the behavior(s) so we can assist you further.