Using Webroot Mobile Security day-to-day
Webroot Mobile Security will alert you if:
- It detects a high-risk to the security of your device.
- If outstanding malware needs to be managed, Webroot Mobile Security will provide a message on the home screen.
Webroot Mobile Security continuously scans your device and is always up-to-date. To run a scan, tap SCAN NOW
- A safe message means everything is working.
- A warning message means there is a security risk, and will ask you to manage the risk.
When Webroot Mobile Security has detected a security risk to your device, a tray will slide up with three choices:
- Remove: This will remove the security risk and prevent the malware from attaching to your device.
- Request a Review: If the high-risk detection seems invalid, request a review and have our threat researchers check into it. Webroot Mobile Security still recommends removing the threat in the meantime to keep your device in safe mode.
- Ignore: Since the app only detects high-risk threats, it is not recommended to ignore any threats to your device.
Webroot Mobile Security will also display the current status as Attention Needed
on the app home page, with a red GO
button to manage the security risk.
URL Block Page
Webroot Mobile Security will display a Warning on high-risk websites. The web page has three choices:
- Go Back To Safety: The best choice if you are browsing and have not visited the site before. This will prevent entering a high-risk site and take you back to the previously visited page or a safe blank page from which you can continue browsing.
- Request a Review: If you think this is a safe site, you can request a review and have Webroot’s threat researchers review and verify the site. Tapping this choice this will take you to a form for you to fill out and submit a ticket for it to be looked into further.
- Unblock: We do not recommend unblocking and continuing on to a high-risk website. Only Unblock if you know this site is not a threat to your personal information or security.
Webroot Mobile Security Menu and Settings
The app menu gives you access to actions and app settings. The app menu is accessed by tapping the “three dots” icon at the right side of the address bar at the top of the app.
Tap the menu and then:
- New Tab to create a new tab.
- New Private Tab to create a new private tab. A private tab differs from a normal tab in that Webroot Mobile Security won’t save your browsing history, cookies, site data or any information entered in web forms on private tabs.
- Bookmarks to access websites previously bookmarked in the Webroot Mobile Security browser.
- Recent tabs to view a list of recently closed tabs.
- History to view a list of browsing history in the Webroot Mobile Security browser. Web history can be cleared on this screen.
- Downloads to access all the files and articles previously downloaded.
- Settings to access all the settings for Webroot Mobile Security.
- Support for links to get help with Webroot Mobile Security.
The procedure to uninstall Webroot Mobile Security will vary from device to device. The most common methods that work on most devices are:
- Launch Settings > Apps or Settings > App Management. Tap to See all apps. In the app list, find and open the Webroot Mobile Security icon and tap Uninstall.
- Press-and-hold the Webroot Mobile Security icon and then tap App info in the actions list. On the app description, tap Uninstall.
- For some devices, press-and-hold the Webroot Mobile Security icon and tap Uninstall.