|Webroot||This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere |
Webroot includes one preconfigured folder for synchronization, called the Webroot Anywhere folder. It resides under your personal User folder in Windows, as shown in the example below. Any files you put in the Webroot Anywhere folder are automatically synchronized with your online account (my.webrootanywhere.com) and with shared folders on other computers or mobile devices in your account.
To synchronize files using the Anywhere folder:
- Open SecureAnywhere.
- Click the gear icon next to Backup & Sync, and make sure Backup & Sync is selected at the left.
- Click Open Anywhere Folder. (You can also access the folder from the main panel.)
Windows Explorer opens to the Webroot Anywhere folder.
- In Windows Explorer, copy files or folders into the Webroot Anywhere folder.
The files are instantly synchronized to your online SecureAnywhere account and to other shared folders on other computers (if you configured them). In Windows Explorer, icons next to the files and folders indicate the status of the synchronization:
Note: Some files may fail to synchronize because their storage size is larger than the upload limit. You can adjust the limit in the Do not upload files larger than field in the Backup & Sync Settings panel. See Changing backup and sync settings.
- To see the amount of used storage in your account, look at the Storage indicator in the Backup & Sync panel. If you want to check that your files were successfully copied, access your online account by clicking Visit the Webroot Cloud.
- When your browser opens to my.webrootanywhere.com, log in to your account, click Go to Backup & Sync, then make sure the Anywhere panel is selected.
For more information about using Backups in your online account, see the SecureAnywhere Management Website User's Guide.